Energy & Natural Resources
Members’ experience in complex dispute resolution means that they work extensively in the energy and natural resources sector. They advise and act, across the globe, for many of the world’s major energy companies and international engineering contractors.
Instructions have seen members act in disputes concerning jackup rigs, oil and gas pipelines, FPSO oil platforms, drilling contracts, and petrochemical refineries.
Examples of cases in which members have been involved include:
- Bluewater Energy Services BV v Mercon Steel Structures  EWHC 2132
- Sabic UK Petrolchemicals v Punj Lloyd Ltd  EWHC 3202
- Vivergo Fuels Ltd v Redhall Engineering Solutions Ltd  EWHC 4030
- West African Pipeline Company v Wilbros  EWHC 396
- BP Amoco v Rowan Industries  EWHC 485
Atkin Chambers has a particular skill in litigating in the renewable energy sector. Members have acted for clients in many of the leading cases in this field. Examples of our experience include:
- MT Hojgaard AS v E.ON Climate and Renewables UK Robin Rigg East Ltd & Anor  UKSC 59 (wind turbine foundations)
- Fluor Ltd v Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries Ltd  EWHC 2062 (TCC) (offshore windfarm)
- MT Højgaard A/S v E.On Climate And Renewables UK Robin Rigg East Ltd & Anor  EWCA Civ 710 (wind turbine foundations)
- Laker Vent Engineering v Jacobs E&C Ltd  EWHC 1058 (biomass CHP Plant)
- RWE Npower Renewables Ltd v J N Bentley Ltd  EWHC 978 (TCC) (hyrdro electric power plant)