The application process at Atkin Chambers
Application dates for pupillage at Atkin Chambers
Applications for the year starting in September 2021 opened on 2 December 2019 and closed on 17 January 2020.
Details of the application process just closed are below for reference but may be subject to change for 2022.
How to apply for pupillage at Atkin Chambers
- CV and covering letter – Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages in length to email@example.com.
- You will need two references (of which at least one should be academic). They should be sent directly from each referee to us at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked with the name of the applicant (ie you).
- Please list the names of your two referees in your cover letter.
- Equality and diversity questionnaire – Please complete our confidential equality & diversity monitoring questionnaire online here. If you would like a hard copy please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the application process. do please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chambers is not a member of the Pupillage Gateway scheme currently and applicants should direct to Chambers.
Chambers will reimburse all reasonable travel expenses for interviewees. Please email email@example.com for details of how to claim.
More detailed information about how we recruit, train and offer tenancy to pupils, including third six pupils, is contained in the Atkin Chambers Pupillage Policy.
Atkin Chambers is committed to respecting and understanding the cultural needs of its diverse and global client base, and is committed to equality and diversity in both recruitment and the provision of services. We recognise the importance of increasing social mobility at the Bar and look at all applications for pupillage and mini-pupillage solely on merit and irrespective of race, ethnic origin, nationality, gender, religion, age, belief or disability. We welcome applications from graduates of all universities and from all backgrounds and all sections of the community with the ability and determination to succeed as a barrister.
- Atkin Chambers reasonable adjustments policy
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Equality & Diversity Policy