The pupillage offer at Atkin Chambers
Why Atkin Chambers?
Please also refer to Atkin Chambers’ pupillage videos which showcase members’ views of life in Chambers, how to apply, and the experience of pupillage which are available to view here.
- Leading set of commercial barristers specialising in disputes arising out of construction and engineering, energy, IT, and other infrastructure projects.
- Opportunity to work in many of the highest value and most significant cases in the set’s specialist areas of practice both within the UK and globally.
- A distinctive field of practice with a wide and varied workload.
- Early opportunities to develop an international dimension to your practice.
- Members of Atkin Chambers are authors of authoritative and influential legal texts in their practice areas and are frequently invited to give lectures on their practice areas across the globe.
- Collegiate and supportive environment within which to develop a successful legal career.
- One of the most experienced and well-resourced clerking and support staff teams at the Commercial Bar is available to help members to develop successful practices and achieve their career goals.
- Beautiful, spacious premises in Gray’s Inn with full technical support for remote hearings and meetings.
Further details on members’ work and construction law are available in the Gateway pupillage vacancy description – a copy is available to view here.
The pupillage award at Atkin Chambers
Chambers offers two funded 12-month pupillages. The annual pupillage award for pupils starting in September 2023 is £80,000.
The award is paid in equal monthly instalments throughout the pupillage and Chambers offers up to £25,000 from the pupillage award by way of funding for the BTC and considers applications for further advances on a case-by-case basis.
Atkin Chambers takes applications for pupillage through the Bar Council Pupillage Gateway. Please click here to see the vacancy on Gateway.
Pupillage at Atkin Chambers
- Great preparation during pupillage for successful entry into the high-quality commercial and international work that a career at Atkin Chambers involves.
- The chance to work alongside highly-experienced barristers internationally recognised as leaders in their specialist fields.
- Support in understanding and developing the non-legal skills to assist in building a successful practice as a junior tenant in Chambers.
- Support from Chambers’ highly-regarded, friendly and responsive clerking team, during your pupillage and throughout your tenancy.
- A commitment to recruiting tenants from our own pupils.
- The training of pupils, and ensuring they reach their fullest potential, is treated as a matter of the utmost importance. That training does not end upon tenancy: new members continue to benefit and learn from a wealth of knowledge and experience around them.