The pupillage offer at Atkin Chambers
The pupillage award at Atkin Chambers
- As a general rule, Chambers looks to offer two funded 12-month pupillages each year.
- The annual pupillage award for pupils starting in September 2022 is £72,500.
- The market-leading pupillage award of £72,500 reflects our commitment to the recruitment and training of pupils.
- The award is paid in equal monthly instalments throughout the pupillage.
- Chambers offers up to £25,000 from the pupillage award by way of funding for the BPTC and considers applications for further advances on a case-by-case basis.
What Atkin Chambers offers pupils
- A friendly place to work with a real sense of community.
- Exposure to a wide and varied workload.
- The chance to work alongside highly-experienced barristers internationally recognised as leaders in their specialist fields.
- Great preparation during pupillage for successful entry into the high-quality commercial and international work that a career at Atkin Chambers involves.
- The foundations to understand and develop the non-legal skills to assist in building a successful practice as a junior tenant in Chambers.
- Continued support from our friendly and responsive clerking team, during your pupillage and throughout tenancy.
- A commitment to recruiting tenants from our own pupils.
What Atkin Chambers looks for in a pupil
- We encourage applications for pupillage from law and non-law graduates alike.
- Post-graduate qualifications are viewed favourably but are not essential
- Prospective pupils with a potential capacity to build a successful practice in Chambers.
- A commitment to a career at the commercial bar, without sector-specific knowledge needed.
- Prospective pupils should have drive, motivation and determination.
Further information / Useful links
The Inns of Court