23 January 2020: Andrew Goddard QC to speak at The Legal 500’s India Disputes Summit 202013th Jan 2020
The Oberoi, New Delhi, Dr Zakir Hussain Marg, Delhi Golf Club, Golf Links, New Delhi, Delhi 110003, India
Andrew Goddard QC will chair a panel at The Legal 500’s inaugural India Disputes Summit in New Delhi on Thursday 23 January.
The panel will examine “How GCs can proactively prepare for international arbitration” and will explore how GCs can take the lead on preparing and managing an international arbitration, covering everything from the importance of understanding the applicable arbitral procedure (such as institutional rules and emergency procedures), the value and limitations of obtaining early advice on merits, and establishing clear lines of communication during a dispute.
The panel members will include:
- Bhaskar Chandran, Group General Counsel, GMR Group
- Sameer Chugh, Group General Counsel, Bharti Group
- Yogesh Gupta, Head of Legal, L&T Construction
- Dr Akhil Prasad, General Counsel and Company Secretary, Boeing India
- Cyril Shroff, Partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
With over 150 of the country’s leading legal figures joining the event, it event underscores India’s importance as a hub for international businesses and their advisers.
For more information and to register, go to The Legal 500 website.