In this webinar, Mathias Cheung will present a round-up of the key lessons and themes from the past year. In particular, he will cover:
- Recent CA decisions on the principle of good faith – Candey v Bosheh and Re Compound Photonics;
- Enforceability of ADR clauses – Children’s Ark Partnerships v Kajima;
- Enforceability of liquidated damages where there is ambiguity in drafting – Buckingham Group v Peel;
- Causation issues in cases of concurrent delay – Thomas Barnes v Blackburn and Energy Works Hull v MW;
- Pre-BSA TCC decisions on fire safety defects – Martlet Homes v Mulalley and LDC v George Downing Construction;
- Recent TCC and CA decisions on scope of duty and limitation issues for fire safety defects claims – URS v BDW and Lendlease v AECOM;
- Questions of validity of payment applications and waiver/estoppel – A&V Building v J&B Hopkins;
- Serial adjudications – Sudlows Ltd v Global Switch;
- Set-off of adjudication decisions – FK Construction v ISG;
- Timing of ‘true valuation’ adjudications – Henry Construction v Alu-Fix;
- Adjudicator’s ability to demand fees before decision – Nicholas James Care homes v Liberty Homes.
Questions can be sent in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or asked during the webinar through Zoom’s Q&A function.
Date and Time
Wednesday 6th December, 8.30am – 9.30am (GMT)
Please click HERE to register.
N.B. This webinar is hosted by Zoom. Please visit the Zoom website for Terms & Conditions.