Fiona Parkin QC
"She is extremely good on her feet, very eloquent and highly persuasive when arguing a position. She is also hard-working and tactically astute."
Chambers and Partners
Fiona Parkin QC advises and represents multinational companies, public bodies and professional clients in connection with substantial international and domestic disputes, typically arising out of major infrastructure projects both within the UK and worldwide.
The main focus of Fiona’s practice is in the field of energy and natural resources, where she has been retained to act for many of the world’s major oil, gas and power companies, as well as contractors specialising in this sector. However Fiona also has an extensive professional negligence practice both in relation to construction engineering professionals and more generally.
Fiona has experience of high value commercial litigation and international arbitration work. She has advised and acted in international disputes governed by ICC, UNCITRAL, LCIA and IBA arbitration rules and appears regularly in the English High Court (TCC, Commercial Court, QBD, Chancery Division, Court of Appeal). She is recognised by the legal directories, Chambers and Partners Guide (UK and Global) and The Legal 500, in the fields of construction, energy and natural resources, international commercial arbitration and professional negligence.
ENERGY, NATURAL RESOURCES AND UTILITIES
- Acting for a Turkish energy company in connection with termination disputes arising out of the construction of the BTC pipeline.
- Acting for international energy consortium in connection with disputes arising out of the termination of an EPC Contract for the construction of major African gas pipeline: WAPCo v. Wilbros  EWHC 396
- Advising and acting for leading UK renewable energy company in relation to disputes arising out of the construction of CHP biomass plant and hydro electric schemes: RWE N Power Renewables Ltd v J N Bentley  EWCA Civ 150
- Advising UK power generation company in connection with its disputes with a major international engineering contractor concerning construction of two new CCGT power stations
- Representing a major energy company in an UNCITRAL arbitration concerning responsibility for defective pipework installed in a large Central Asian refinery;
- Acting for major UK waste management contractor in connection with PFI waste management/ waste to energy plant disputes
CONSTRUCTION AND ENGINEERING
- Acting for the Government of Gibraltar a FIDIC termination dispute arising out of a major tunnelling project: OHL v. HM AG Gibraltar 
- Acting for Romanian Government in relation to dispute with major European civil engineering contractor arising out of FIDIC road building contract
- Acting for Iranian National Oil Company in commercial court proceedings concerning termination of jack up drilling rig & associated rig transportation contract (in Heavycon standard form)
- Acting for North African energy company in connection with disputes with large German based construction group concerning the construction of a chemical plant in North Africa
- Acting for Gibraltar Government in its disputes with two Spanish building contractors arising out of the design and construction of extensive new public
- Housing programmes in Gibraltar.
- Acting for a major Wembley stadium subcontractor in a multi-million pound delay, disruption, loss and expense and final account litigation and associated PC Harrington v Multiplex
- Acting for German shipbuilders in a cost and time overrun dispute during the construction of one of world’s largest “super yachts”
- Acting for executive search company in professional negligence and related proceedings arising out of a negligently drafted LLP Agreement: Wellesley Partners v. Withers LLP  EWHC ChD 556; Addax Bank v Wellesley
- Partners  EWHC 1904
- Acting for large UK company with extensive UK wide property portfolio in connection with professional negligence claims against its asbestos management contractors.
- Advising design & build contractor in multi-party professional negligence action concerning defects in distribution warehouse floor;
- Acting for process engineering contractors in disputes concerning liability for alleged non-performance of SBR waste water treatment plants:
- Yorkshire Water Services v. Taylor Woodrow  EWCA Civ 894
- Acting for employer in professional negligence against its architect, engineer, quantity surveyor & project manager: Chesham Properties Ltd v.
- Bucknall Austin Project Management Ltd