David has extensive experience of acting for employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants both domestically and internationally, and has acted in connection with projects all over the world. His experience includes disputes on most standard forms, in relation to a wide range of projects, including hospitals, shopping arcades, large scale residential and mixed-use developments, roads, tunnels, bridges, railways, docks, jetties and other infrastructure. More recent examples include:
- Acting for Connect Plus (M25) Limited (a joint venture between Balfour Beatty, Skanska, Atkins and Egis) in a £100 million dispute in TCC arising out of payment provisions in £6 billion 30-year PFI DBFO Contract for operation of the M25 motorway, Connect Plus (M25) Ltd v Highways England Company Ltd  EWHC 140 (TCC).
- Representing contractor in multi-million-pound PFI dispute concerning claims of defective highway works against local authority. A 16-week trial from January 2016 in the Manchester Technology & Construction Court.
- Led a multiple counsel team in the London Technology & Construction Court regarding a project agreement between a city council and a contractor in respect of PFI works relating to the rehabilitation, maintenance, management and operation of the roads and street lightning in that city. Issues principally regarding payment deductions levied for allegedly defective works.
- Acting for state-owned corporation in an ICC arbitration regarding major infrastructure works package in a Middle East mixed-use development.
- Lead counsel on claim brought in the Technology and Construction Court regarding design and works in respect of a city centre guarded travel system.
- Advising main contractor on a project governed by a JCT contract and contractual performance issues on a city centre tower.