James Howells QC will be chairing a panel at the Legal 500 Middle East Disputes Summit on 1 May 2019.
The session entitled: “Without prejudice: Confidentiality and privilege in the GCC” will look at how, at a time when the benefits of international arbitration may seem to be dwindling, confidentiality and privilege have stood out as lasting advantages offered to users. The panel will explore the status of the virtues of international arbitration in Middle East-seated cases and asks what end-users would like to see change.
Other topics will include
- Setting the scene: The role of GCs in identifying disputes risks (and how to avoid them)
- How to choose the perfect seat
- Third party funding in the region and how GCs and counsel can use TPF to reduce the financial risk of disputes, manage balance sheets and generate revenue.
- Cost effective arbitration
- Arbitrating shareholder disputes