Hudson’s Building and Engineering Contracts (Sweet & Maxwell) has long been essential reading for construction lawyers and other construction industry professionals around the world.
It provides a detailed overview of the law and interpretation of construction contracts in light of the practical and commercial realities of construction projects.
• Delivers an authoritative, in-depth explanation of the law relating to construction contracts
• Sets out general principles with unsurpassed clarity
• Makes clear the responsibilities of all parties involved in construction contracts
• Provides solutions to complex problems arising from contract disputes
• Deals with matters such as tenders and estimates, approvals and certificates
• Covers insurance and indemnities, bonds and guarantees and arbitration
• Gives guidance understandable to architects, engineers, contractors, construction owners and public officers of government departments, as well as lawyers
• Considers all key standard construction contracts: JCT, NEC, ICE, FIDIC
• International in scope, incorporating Commonwealth and US authorities
• Cited extensively in court and in text books on the subject