Simon Lofthouse QC spoke at this year’s FIDIC Africa Contract Users’ Conference 2016 in Nairobi on 11 and 12 October 2016.
Simon co-presented a session on arbitration and alternative dispute resolution with Mr Paul Karekzi (DRBF, Kenya). Their session considered the nature of disputes and how they can be managed and resolved under the provisions of the FIDIC contracts. The aim of the session was to equip the representative and advisers of the parties and the engineer to make good choices in moving towards a cost effective resolution.
- The nature of construction disputes – how and when they occur.
- The opportunities offered by the FIDIC Amicable Settlement provisions and their effective operation.
- The role of mediation in resolving construction disputes.
- ADR in PPP contractual arrangements.
- A strategic approach to international arbitration.
For further information please click here.