Atkin Chambers Manchester seminar examines construction dispute trends
In Manchester on 23 March, Chantal-Aimée Doerries QC, Frances Pigott, Andrew Fenn and Mathias Cheung, and their guest panellists – Barry Goodall, partner, Brabners and Sean McCay, partner, Squire Patton Boggs – held a discussion on the key trends in construction disputes facing lawyers and construction professionals in the region.
While “change is the only constant in life”, there is a potential for serious headwinds affecting many aspects of what we as construction professionals do. The purpose of this discussion was to identify some of them and how we might meet them. Topics included:
- What are the consequences of Brexit? For contract drafters? And for enforcement?
- What are the prospects for the National Productivity Investment Fund and PFI2?
- Will technology take over our roles?
- Is the future bright for litigation funding?
- What are the implications of macroeconomic and geopolitical change and uncertainty?
- What does this mean for international arbitration in the UK and overseas?
For a copy of the summary key points discussed, please contact Natasha Willicombe.