Fiona Parkin QC will join a panel at the OGUK Legal Conference 2021.
he panel – chaired by David Leckie, Partner, Clyde & Co – on Wednesday 29 September as part of the “Energy Transition: Overview of Contracts for New Technologies and Related Legal Issues” webinar. The panel will explore and discuss the legal/contractual challenges faced by in-house counsel as a result of the energy transition, including:
- The contrasting risk allocation and liability and indemnity regimes between traditional “oil and gas” contracts and “construction/renewables” contracts
- The FIDIC v LOGIC debate
- What are the lessons for in-house counsel from some of the recent renewables decisions of the courts, such as the Supreme Court decision in MT Højgaard A/S v E.ON Climate & Renewables UK Robin Rigg East Limited
- Change orders and variations – a step change in contract management
- Pitfalls and top tips in drafting, negotiating and managing renewables contract
- Fiona Parkin QC, Atkin Chambers
- Paul Buckingham, Keating Chambers
- Mary-Anne Roff, Partner, Clyde & Co
- Mark Walsh, Partner, Clyde & Co
This year’s OGUK Legal Conference is taking place from 28-30 September 2021 via three free webinars from 10:00am to 11:30am each day.
The event provides a dedicated arena for in-house and private practice lawyers of all levels, with talks from professionals on the key issues facing the sector.