Rupert Choat KC will be co-chairing the 8th Biennial IBA Conference on “Construction Projects from Conception to Completion” in Berlin between 16-18 March 2023. He will be joined by co-chair Dr Rouven F Bodenheimer, Partner, Bodenheimer Herzberg. This will be the fourth time Rupert and Rouven have co-chaired the conference.
Topics for the 2023 event are:
- Amending FIDIC Conditions
- The perfect variations clause
- Avoiding construction arbitrations
- The importance of the applicable law. How far do lawyers from civil law and common law backgrounds view the same construction law issues differently?
- Constructive acceleration.
- Jurisdictions of interest when defending calls against on-demand bonds.
- Reinvigorating independence in expert evidence.
- Addressing high volumes of low value claims in construction arbitration.
- When it all ends in disaster
For further details and to register go to the IBA website here.