Samar Abbas Kazmi will be moderating the Plenary Session panel on “Allocation of Risks in Construction Contracts: The Balancing Act” on day two (December 11 2021) of this year’s SCL India International Conference.
The session – from 12:00 to 1:30 pm (IST).- will examine:
- Reasons for ensuring a balanced risk allocation: Why is it so necessary?
- Indian practice and experience of risk allocation in construction contracts
- The disadvantages of improper risk allocation and effects in employer/ contractor performance
- FIDIC forms
- The salient features of a balanced approach
The panel members are:
- Zarina Pundole, GC EPC Division, Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- Datuk Professor Sundra Rajoo, Sundra Rajoo Arbitration Chambers
- Aisha Nadar, Former Board Member, FIDIC
The Conference on “Construction Law and Arbitration: The Way Forward” will be held on December 10-12, 2021. The three-day virtual event will feature significant developments in construction law, bringing together judges, lawyers, construction professionals, academicians, industry leaders, engineers, analysts, and others from across the globe to engage in formative dialogues, deliberating upon the way forward for construction law and arbitration.
For more information and to register as a delegate go to http://www.sclindiaconference.com.