12.12.2018: Rupert Choat to speak at Construction Law Conference8th Oct 2018
The courts are showing stronger support for enforcing the words used by parties in their contracts and artificial rules of interpretation which were developed to address the worst excesses of freedom of contract are losing favour. As a result, parties must draft and contract with greater care than before.
Ruperts’ session entitled ‘Strictly Come Drafting’ will cover:
- Complex contracts and the not so ‘slender thread’.
- The ‘contra proferentem rule’.
- The Canada Steamship rule.
- Time bar and conclusive evidence provisions.
- Excluding or limiting liability for ‘indirect’ and ‘consequential’ loss.