Atkin Chambers Barristers
01 Dec 2009
Nicholas Dennys QC is to co-host a session with Richard Appuhn, civil engineer and member of FIDIC Subcontract Task Group, at the FIDIC International Contract Users Conference on 2nd and 3rd December in the Grand Connaught Rooms, London. They will be speaking on the second day on general aspects of DABs.
The DAB procedure was introduced as FIDIC’s method for primary dispute resolution and has now been adopted by the MDBs for the FIDIC MDB Harmonised Construction Contract. Their session will offer insight into:
• Advantages and disadvantages of DABs
• Construction industry trends affecting disputes and claims
• Recent examples of DABs
• Perceived barriers to DABs
• Issues concerning the use of DABs in various types of projects
• Cost savings and other benefits as a direct result of DABs
The conference, which is organized by IBC Informa in collaboration with FIDIC, aims to offer unique insights on the changes and updates to the contracts from the contract drafters, updates task groups, experienced contract users and leading lawyers.